Every printer brand has specific software that only functions once you install the included drivers and software. Your computer communicates with the printer through software or a driver. When you purchase your printer, it comes with a CD. It shows the software to complete the setup program. Also, you can download the printer driver if you do not hold the disc. Carefully check that you select the correct printer model and operating system drivers. Each printer is built with different software to run; sometimes, the printer is not installed via automatic driver installation. In this case, the drivers should be compatible with your operating system or your new version of Windows.
This is easy to restore if you review your manual or the printer manufacturer’s website.
Connect the printer to a computer (Brother, HP, Canon & Epson)
If you are running Windows 10, here are some steps to follow:
With the USB cable, connect the printer to your computer.
After attaching the printer to the computer, switch on the power button.
Set up the printer and download the printer driver:
- Your computer and printer are attached; turn on the computer.
- First, check the manual with the specific instructions for the printer model. Here you can check to download the software of the printer.
- Insert the CD that came with the printer or go to the manufacturer’s website.
- Choose the printers tab.
- Here, you can look for your printer model and select it.
- Search the software download link by re-entering the printer model number on the search bar.
- Hit the download link for your printer software and wait till it downloads.
- Unzip the folder on your windows. Double-click the folder and go to the setup profile. Hit ok. Choose a location where you want to set the file and select extract here.
- Open the software setup file by double click on the folder.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and complete the process.
- The printer driver is working now.
Set up the Printer (Brother, HP, Canon & Epson):
Before you call tech support, follow these general guidelines.
- On your computer, open the windows and control panel.
- On the page, choose the Hardware and sound.
- Open the Devices and printers.
- Select add a printer.
- You can see the add printer box. Hit add a local printer and choose next.
- Go to the option to use an existing port and choose a port.
- After selecting the USB port, go to your printer driver.
- Select your printer name (on the left side). Then select the exact number of your printer model and click the next.
- Follow the onscreen process to complete it. As every printer hold a different installation process.