Carry Alexa on the road with the Echo Auto, introduced by Amazon has been designed especially for in-car usage. Alexa is a virtual assistant in many apartments to provide news, play music and jokes, gets weather reports, listens to audiobooks, and make quick orders via voice control. These days, Voice assistants in the car are great business as it gives the functionality of Alexa to compatible conveyances. It was primarily used in the home and hardly found in the vehicle. But now, the Echo auto system could make it feasible to deliver the convenience of Alexa in your car. Echo Auto operates eight microphones and far-field technology engineered for users to listen even in noisy traffic circumstances. It comes with a 3.5mm cable in the box, allowing you to connect with the physical connection or use Bluetooth.
Setup To Your Amazon Echo Auto
There are several ways to link with Echo Auto:
- Vehicle built-in Wi-Fi
- Mobile Hotspot Tethering
- Car Bluetooth speaker
- Manual Bluetooth add-on
- Via car AUX port
Here we will provide you with the details to connect with the Amazon Echo Auto:
Requirements: In general, the Echo Auto requires:
- Echo Dot
- A smartphone
- Car charger/USB charger cable
- Micro USB cable
- Other alternatives include an AUX cable and Bluetooth receiver.
Make sure that your vehicle has a Wi-Fi connection to take Alexa everywhere
- Firstly download the Alexa app on your device.
- Install the app to proceed further.
- Now, turn on the Amazon Echo Auto to start the next step.
- Log in to Alexa with your Amazon account and grant permission to the Alexa app as it needs.
- Connect your Amazon Echo Auto to the 12V power supply using the cable and adapter in the pack, or plug it into a USB socket.
- You can see the orange light on the Echo Auto or hold the action switch until the light ring runs orange.
- Again, start the Alexa app and go to devices in the lower area.
- Then move to Add icon in the top-left corner.
- Now go to Add a device> Amazon Echo> Echo Auto.
- Following the instructions on the screen to pair with your Amazon Echo Auto will direct you through scaling and connecting your Echo Auto.
In the final steps, you will ask for a Bluetooth connection or a 3.5mm cable according to your vehicle. With the Bluetooth connection, you must confirm that your phone is connected to your vehicle. While using a 3.5mm Bluetooth cable requires plugging. You will prompt through the rest of the steps.
Features of Echo Auto
This is the most straightforward method to get Alexa in your car to assist you with many things.
Echo Auto works with the internet to provide entertainment on your road.
- Call: You can use it to reach additional Echo devices with Alexa Calling can make hands-free calls. Also, you can send a message to your contacts in the address book.
- Navigation: Echo Auto uses the smartphone’s default navigation app, like, Google Maps, to provide directions. Go to the Alexa app>settings>traffic>default navigation app. Now, select the app with which you are comfortable for navigation. After that, you can trigger a command to Alexa to give you the direction of the road.
- Auto Guru: It allows you to ask for a comprehensive compendium of car-related queries and know a lot of attributes about cars.
- Traffic News: If you want to know about traffic news with your Echo, download the Alexa skills on your phone. It will announce traffic jams and road information without turning on the radio.
- Car games: Children love to play on lengthy trips as they can fast become tantalizingly tedious. Amazon delivers Alexa skills car games to entertain the kids or yourself for a few minutes.
- Get Alexa in your Car: Its eight-microphone array permits the control of mixed streaming services such as Spotify and Amazon melody even without extra software. You can add a shopping list, make phone calls, read out Kindle, obtain sports or news updates, etc.