If the sound on your smart TV doesn’t precisely blow you away, hitch up your Amazon Echo speakers with Fire TV devices. Soundbars fill the gap and give the sound quality you want to create in an immersive home cinema system. Alexa is a versatile voice assistant device that advertises exceptional features to work in your smart home. Amazon Echo is a convenient form to listen to audio that adds some oomph to your Television. Echo speakers are best known for the Alexa voice assistant that powers them and can function as a soundbar by linking it to your TV.
These speakers are an affordable investment channeled and controlled by Alexa with just one voice command. However, the Amazon Echo requires a smart-compatible TV for streaming audio. So, if you have both devices on hand sitting comfortably in your home, then take a seat to relax and try to connect your Echo with Amazon Alexa. It’s easier than you might think, and we will take you through all the steps for how to connect echo dot to tv:
What do you need to play on TV with Echo Speaker?
To shift your Echo into a TV speaker, you need the following:
- Amazon’s audio device with Alexa support
- Smart TV with Bluetooth feature, or
- A Bluetooth adapter connected to your TV
How to play sound with an Amazon Echo for Your TV: Via the Alexa app
- Turn on Every device: First, you want to prepare both of your devices by turning them on. Make sure that you have the Alexa app on your device.
- Go to Alexa App: Open the Alexa app and move to the Devices button at the bottom right of the screen. Choose the plus icon on the screen and set up Audio System>Home Theater (Bottom of the screen).
- Choose your Home-Theater Option: Go to the next screen to select the home theatre choice. Now you can see your Fire TV device on the device screen.
- Select the Fire TV device: Select your Fire TV name to proceed further with the set-up. Hit next to continue.
- Choose the Amazon speaker: When you dab Next, it will bring you to the next screen to choose your Amazon Echo device. Occasionally, you might keep more than one Echo speaker to use. So, in that case, designate the first one for the left channel and another for the right. As a result, you can listen to audio streaming from both speakers (Left and Right). In the end, select Next.
- Prefer the name for Audio System: Now, you will redirect to the next screen to select a name for your audio system. Choose a title from the list, or name it a sound system or home theatre within the app. Hit the Save button to finish the process.
How to play audio with an Amazon Echo for Your Television: Via Bluetooth
- Locate Echo near your TV: Firstly, check that your TV and Echo are within Bluetooth placed near as the Bluetooth connectivity works within a supplied range. Ideally, place your Echo near your favorite seat to watch TV.
- Test it: Utter the words Alexa, and disconnect to check if there is any existing Bluetooth device. This command will unlink the Bluetooth device.
- Set your TV into pairing mode: Turn on both devices, set your TV into pairing mode, and check the user manual. Then, proceed to the next step.
- Say, Alexa: It is time to pair your Echo with your TV. Say, Alexa, connect, will command your audio device to find nearby devices. Since TV is already in pairing mode, it will try to establish a connection with Echo.
- Choose the Amazon Echo Dot: Here is your smart TV that will show you the name of your Amazon devices on the screen. Choose the Amazon Echo Dot to proceed further. Alexa will confirm the connection.
Navigate TV to Bluetooth pairing mode:
- Pick your remote control to go to the settings of your TV.
- Choose the sound menu.
- Then, operate your remote to spotlight sound output and press OK.
- Choose the speaker checklist or Bluetooth audio device to pair.
- Select Pair and connect.
- Now, your TV must pair with Alexa.